Welcome to my portfolio. Navigate the lefthand menu bar to see examples of my work. Find an HTML version of my resume below and a printable version on the link at the bottom of this page. If you have any questions, please let me know.
(2021-Present) Lumanity, Yardley, Pa.
Job description. Ensure consistency and accuracy of print and digital materials for clients of the health media agency. In pursuit of pristine grammar and punctuation, I take a detail-oriented look at a project before zooming out to take it in as a whole. All of these steps, in addition to fact-checking and adherence to style, go into creating publishable works that communicate effectively to the desired audience.
(2015-2021) PentaVision Media LLC, Ambler, Pa.
Senior and social media editor Optometric Management
Associate managing editor Ophthalmic Professional
Job description. Edit and produce content for Optometric Management (37,000 circulation), a monthly magazine for optometrists, and Ophthalmic Professional (11,500), a bimonthly magazine for allied health staff at ophthalmology offices.
Curate and monitor the social channels of both publications.
- Grew Optometric Management’s social media from infancy, active platforms include Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Launched Instagram profile in November 2020.
- Met deadlines for more than 72 magazines, including assigning, editing and producing content for the web and print.
- Conceived of new features, such as exhibit hall previews and social media toolkit, to increase reader value and advertising potential.
- Maintain multiple websites in the PentaVision portfolio, using HTML to create new features and links among the content.
(2014-2015) Pop! Promos, Philadelphia
Job description. Manage the daily operations, including hiring, inventory and billing, of the promotional products company.
(2013-2014) hibu, King of Prussia, Pa.
Job description. Write articles for and edit seven, 32-page community magazines each with a circulation of 5,000 homes.
(2011-2013) Reading Eagle Co., Reading, Pa.
Job description. Report local business news in Berks County for 70,000 circulation.
As a freelance editor and writer, I help clients to communicate their stories to the world be it in an article, LinkedIn profile, social media presence, blog post, etc. A few of the clients that I have worked with and examples of this work include:
Bachelor’s degrees in journalism and political science
The Pennsylvania State University, University Park (2007-2011)
Chair Walk to End Alzheimer’s with Alzheimer’s Association
Philadelphia’s Walk to End Alzheimer’s raises more than $1.5 million annually to fund research and support programs for those who are affected by Alzheimer’s. In 2021, my role includes leading a committee of about 50 individuals who plan the 5,000-plus person event, brainstorming and executing new ideas to acquire walkers, volunteers and to raise funds for the walk. Find the fruits of this labor via media interviews and social media assets.
State champion/advocate with the Alzheimer’s Impact Movement
Remain in contact with my elected officials to keep them informed of the needs of his constituents affected my the disease.
- Software: Adobe Creative Suite; Microsoft Office programs; WordPress; Google analytics, EndNote
- Social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Buffer, HootSuite, TweetDeck, Planoly
- Editorial: Associated Press style, American Medical Association style
Available upon request
Full resume suitable for printing here.